The latest in Nigeria today...Naija Gist, Naija news, Nigeria News, Naija gossip, Jobs in nigeria and Sports. Get the Latest gist in Nigeria...

Friday, 25 August 2017

Family lost a sick only child of 2 years after lagos hospital attached an empty oxygen tank to the boy


Hospital

The parents of Baby Christopher Mike Ozugha a 2 year old only child of his parents who was sick and taken to General Hospital Ikorodu, Lagos, lost him to the cold hands of death which was blamed on the medical team of the hospital for been careless.

According to reports gathered by PUNCH, the parents of the boy Emmanuel and Esther Mike Ozugha claimed that their son was having difficulty in breathing and was taken to the hospital. In their statement, they disclosed that their son was placed on an oxygen tank that lasted just 30 minutes before running out.


Below is the story of Christopher’s mother;

“He could walk and talk at that time we got to the hospital around 1am. .
They started complaining that why did we go to a private hospital and come to them when things were getting out of hands? A doctor told one of the nurses to prepare oxygen for Chris.


The nurse said the oxygen tank they had was not working and that we should not disturb her. Later, another nurse came and I begged her. She followed me to the Accident and Emergency Ward, where we got an oxygen tank. .
After 30 minutes, the nurse came back to check and said there was no oxygen in the tank. She quickly connected him to the central oxygen. After some minutes, it started blinking and I rushed to call the first nurse.
She said I should leave her alone. She told me to put it off and switch it on again. I did so and it started working again. After a while, my child started misbehaving. I ran back to her. She said I should leave her alone.
Later, the second nurse said the degree of the oxygen was low. By that time, my baby was no longer responding. Something was coming out of his mouth.” The husband, Emmanuel, who corroborated his wife’s account, said their child died around 11am.

According to the information gathered from a senior Official working at the hospital, the allegation leveled against the hospital for connecting a faulty and empty oxygen to the sick boy, was not true and he further revealed that the boy died as a result of severe bronchopneumonia and malaria, assuring  the parents and members of the public that the Management has commenced thorough investigation of the matter including the rude nurse that didn't attend to them professionally.

Dr Jide Idris the commissioner of Health of Lagos state has promised to carry out his own investigation on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment